Connect with us

News

Osun 2026: Accord is like Keke Napep facing trailer – APC mocks Adeleke

info

Published

on

APCAccord.jpg

The ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has boasted that the Accord Party cannot withstand it in the forthcoming August 15, 2026, governorship election in Osun State.

The National Chairman of the party, Nentawe Yilwatda, said this on Tuesday at the inauguration of the Osun State APC Governorship Campaign Council in Abuja.

He likened the APC’s political strength in Osun State to a trailer facing a keke napep, declaring that no political party in the state, including Accord, the party of the incumbent governor, Ademola Adeleke, can withstand the calibre of governors, National Assembly members and local government chairmen the APC is deploying ahead of the polls.

According to him, the committee members had been carefully selected from the National Assembly, governors, members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), deputy governors, past and present lawmakers, and different stakeholders of the party, including the business community.

“It is like a trailer facing a keke. I do not know how the political party standing against us in Osun can withstand the strength of these people who are going there to mobilise and win the election in 2026,” he said.

Yilwatda emphasized that the APC would mobilise human and material resources across the state, with governors from the South-West, South-South and South-East each taking responsibility for a senatorial district alongside National Assembly members, House of Assembly members and local government chairmen, while governors from the North would also deploy their local government chairmen, councillors and lawmakers for grassroots campaigns.

The APC National Chairman described the Osun election as a litmus test for the party’s preparedness for the 2027 general election, saying it would serve as a rehearsal for the political machine being built for that contest.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Osun: APC candidate Oyebamiji meets Tinubu for first time after election loss

info

Published

on

By

1787332908 Bola Oyebamiji.png

The candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the just concluded Osun State governorship election, Bola Oyebamiji, on Friday met with President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

This was barely 24 hours after incumbent Governor, Ademola Adeleke of Accord Party, who won the election, paid the President a visit and presented his Certificate of Return to him.

Speaking to newsmen after the meeting, Oyebamiji called for peace among political actors in Osun State, stating that the party is still reviewing the outcome of the election.

He said Tinubu advised him to approach the situation with a peaceful mindset.

According to him, Nigerians must understand that government is about the people, and for that reason, peace must be prioritised

“I met with the President, and what he said was that the most important thing is to run every election with a peaceful mind.

“It is important for us Nigerians to know that government is about the people, and because of that, it is important that we should be peaceful. I want to appeal to our people in Osun that they need to be peaceful,” Oyebamiji said.

He further stated that the party is still examining the books regarding the election, and will make its position known to the public in due course.

The APC candidate equally charged Governor Adeleke to call his supporters to order and prevent violence.

Continue Reading

News

Rain disrupts Zenith Bank, NBBF Women’s League game in Jos

info

Published

on

By

20260820 181952 300x225 1.jpg

The ongoing Zenith Bank/Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) Women’s Basketball League was disrupted on Thursday as a leaking roof of the match venue forced the suspension of a match in Jos.

The match between Aso Sky Queens and Nigeria Customs was halted twice in the first quarter after rainwater from the leaking roof fell onto the court.

The match, played at the Indoor Sports Hall of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, Rayfield, Jos, is part of the Savannah Conference of the NBBF Women’s Basketball League, sponsored by Zenith Bank and hosted by Plateau.

The disruption occurred shortly after the first quarter began, leaving both teams unable to continue.

Players and officials stopped play as they worked to mop the affected area and make the court safe to continue.

However, the leakage persisted, causing another disruption and eventually forcing officials to postpone the encounter.

The match is expected to resume on Friday, subject to the availability of a suitable playing surface at the venue.

The incident has also raised concerns about the condition of the indoor basketball arena, particularly the need to provide safe and suitable facilities for major sporting competitions.

Eight teams are competing in the Savannah Conference for places in the next stage of the competition.

(NAN)

Continue Reading

Trending