Connect with us

Entertainment

You use bulletproof cars while terrorists kill your members – Portable slams Nigerian pastors

info

Published

on

Portable.jpg

Singer Habeeb Okikiola Badmus, popularly known as Portable, has berated Nigerian pastors over their continuous silence in the face of the alleged Christian genocide in the country.

After reports of a fresh attack on Christians on Palm Sunday in Jos, Plateau State, by suspected jihadist militia have sparked renewed outrage over alleged Christian genocide in Nigeria, allegations the Federal Government has debunked.

Reacting to the recent attack in Jos, Portable accused Nigerian pastors of being hypocrites, claiming that they use bulletproof vehicles for their own safety but couldn’t speak up when their members are being killed by terrorists.

He said he can’t fathom why Nigerian pastors are not leading protests despite the constant killing of Christians by suspected Islamic terrorists.

The Zazu crooner claimed that Islamic clerics won’t be as mum as Nigerian pastors if Muslims were being attacked in the same manner.

Speaking in a mix of Yoruba and Pidgin in a video broadcast, Portable said, “Why are Nigerian pastors not fighting for Christians? They use bulletproof cars, yet their followers are dying. Why can’t pastors lead a protest to the Aso Rock? You can’t harm a Muslim, and there won’t be chaos. If you kill a traditionalist, there will be a crisis. But if you kill a Christian, the pastor will look away and be enjoying in his car.”

Watch Video

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Dua Lipa Sues Samsung for £11 Million Over Alleged Unauthorized Use of Her Image

info

Published

on

By

IMG 7862.webp

Dua Lipa has reportedly filed a lawsuit against Samsung, seeking £11 million in damages over claims that the tech giant used her image without permission to promote its products.

According to court documents filed in the Central District of California, the Grammy-winning singer alleges that her photograph was used on the packaging of Samsung’s Crystal 43-inch ultra-high-definition televisions, which were marketed alongside the XITE Hits music channel.

The image in question was reportedly taken backstage at a 2024 music festival and later appeared on a large number of television boxes sold across the United States.

Dua Lipa’s legal team claims the use of her image created a false impression that she had endorsed or partnered with Samsung, potentially influencing consumers to purchase the televisions based on that perceived association.

Her lawyer, Christine Lepera, was cited as stating that Samsung used a copyrighted image of the singer “without authority or licence” and prominently featured it on retail packaging.

The lawsuit further alleges that Samsung ignored multiple legal warnings issued by the singer’s representatives before the case was formally filed.

The filing also included references to social media reactions, with some users reportedly saying they were drawn to or influenced to purchase the televisions because of Dua Lipa’s image on the packaging.

Dua Lipa, who has previously worked with global brands such as Nespresso, Puma, Porsche, and Yves Saint Laurent Beauty, is described in the filing as being highly selective about endorsement deals and would not have automatically agreed to such a partnership.

She is seeking at least $15 million in damages, though the final amount could reportedly increase if the case proceeds to trial.

At the time of the report, Samsung had not issued a public response to the lawsuit.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

AI-generated actors and scripts are now ineligible for Oscars

info

Published

on

By

GettyImages 2266014829.jpg

The organization behind the Academy Awards released new Oscar rules on Friday, including several that address the use of generative artificial intelligence.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said that only performances “credited in the film’s legal billing and demonstrably performed by humans with their consent” will be eligible for Academy Awards. Similarly, the academy said that screenplays must be “human-authored” to be eligible.

The academy also said it has the right to request more information about a film’s AI usage and “human authorship.”

These rule changes come as an independent film is in the works with an AI-generated version of Val Kilmer, as AI “actress” Tilly Norwood keeps making headlines, and as new video models are causing at least a few filmmakers to make sweeping declarations of despair. AI was also one of the main sticking points in the actors’ and writers’ strikes back in 2023.

Outside Hollywood, at least one novel has been pulled by its publisher due to the apparent use of AI, and other writers’ groups are declaring that AI usage makes work ineligible for awards.

Continue Reading

Trending