Connect with us

News

Plateau task force appeals for return of carted-away government vehicles

editor

Published

on

Pla

The task force established to recover purported auctioned government property in Plateau State has made a passionate appeal to former government officials who absconded with government property especially vehicles to return them.

The task force reminded those concerned of the reality of the time which has made it impossible for the governor Caleb Mutfwang-led administration to engage in the purchase of vehicles when there are alternatives in the hands of former officials.

A statement issued in Jos by Pam Davou, the Secretary of the committee on behalf of the Chairman, Nde Isaac Wadak maintained its mandate is “to identity/locate and recover Government property purported to have been illegally auctioned, boarded or possessed.”

His words, “The Task Force has so far received inventories and reports of most landed property, equipment, moveable assets, including vehicles and machinery belonging to the government. The Task Force, in pursuit of this, has written letters to people who are allegedly in possession of government property to return them for use by new officers occupying their former offices. The Task Force has started retrieving government property including vehicles from some individuals who complied with the appeal to return same.

“The Task Force is hereby appealing to those who are yet to comply and return the vehicles in their possession, even after being officially communicated, to kindly return them as there is a dearth of vehicles at the moment for official use. Those concerned should again consider the humongous cost of these vehicles should the government want to acquire them under the present economic realities.”

He added, “The Task Force has discovered that some persons have allocated to themselves, government lands and landed property without due process. The Task Force is therefore calling on those in this category to immediately vacate such property

henceforth. Failure to comply with the instructions above, and haven been officially notified, the Task Force will embark on publishing the names of defaulters in National dailies, while equally embarking on the physical retrieval of these government properties…”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Osun Guber: Gov Adeleke urges unity among political leaders

info

Published

on

By

Gov Adeleke.jpg

Osun State governor, Ademola Adeleke has urged political leaders across the state to work together to move the state forward.

The call came after the 2026 governorship election.

Governor Adeleke made the call while reacting to the peace appeal issued by the All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, following his recent visit to President Bola Tinubu in Abuja.

The governor described Oyebamiji’s appeal as a welcome development after weeks of intense political activities and tension surrounding the election.

In a statement issued by his spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed on Friday, Adeleke said the people of Osun deserved peace and stability after the election season.

The governor also called on members and supporters of all political parties to exercise restraint and avoid actions capable of undermining peace across the state.

Adeleke said his administration had consistently opposed the use of violence for political purposes, despite the pressures experienced during the campaign and election period.

He said, “I am forever a man of peace. It is heartwarming that my brother, Oyebamiji, is also preaching peace. I assure him that my supporters have not and will not attack APC members.”

According to the governor, “the period of political competition has ended, making cooperation among leaders necessary to ensure effective governance and development across Osun.

“Elections have come and gone, and we are all winners. The common task for us all is to sustain the delivery of democratic dividends and good governance to the good people of Osun State.”

Adeleke invited former governor Adegboyega Oyetola, Oyebamiji and other opposition leaders to participate in efforts aimed at advancing the interests of the state.

He said, “We are all important stakeholders in this Osun project.”

He also reiterated his commitment to maintaining peace and encouraged political cooperation after the election.

Continue Reading

News

‘I didn’t sign 60-40 cabinet sharing deal with anyone’ – Gov Mutfwang 

info

Published

on

By

Caleb Mutfwang.jpg

Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has dismissed reports that he signed a 60-40 cabinet-sharing formula before defecting from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

He insisted that no such agreement was reached between his administration and the APC hierarchy in the state.

The controversial agreement was raised by a group within the APC known as the “Legacy Group,” loyal to former Governor Simon Lalong, following a recent cabinet reshuffle carried out by Mutfwang.

The Legacy Group had condemned the cabinet reshuffle, which it said negated the terms of an agreement allegedly signed by the governor before he joined the APC.

The group had argued that under the terms of the agreement, its members should also have been included in the cabinet-sharing process.

However, while reacting to the alleged agreement, Mutfwang insisted that at no time did he enter into such an arrangement with the Lalong group, nor did he base his defection to the APC on the understanding that his cabinet appointments would be shared on such terms.

Mutfwang, who addressed what he described as a wild misconception during the swearing-in of three new commissioners on Friday at the Government House in Jos, denied ever promising to give 40 per cent of cabinet appointments to members of the Legacy Group.

“To correct some rumours that have been going around, the APC chairman is here; I never made any promise to share government positions since my journey to the APC. I made a commitment to share party positions. I never had an agreement to do a 60-40 per cent cabinet,” the governor said.

Mutfwang, however, noted that even after he joined the APC, those who had benefited most from appointments and party positions were members of the Legacy Group, even more than those who defected with him from the PDP.

He emphasised that 16 of the 24 APC House of Assembly candidates were members of the Legacy Group, while only eight joined the party alongside him from the PDP.

“The time has come when we must kill the dichotomy between the governance group and the Legacy Group. We are one big family.

“As I am talking to you today, out of the 24 members of the House of Assembly, 16 are APC Legacy members. Only eight who crossed with me became candidates for the House of Assembly. Are we fair?

“We have people who have been in the APC, but we bring them into government because we believe they have something to offer, not because they are APC members,” he added.

Continue Reading

Trending