The three newly nominated Commissioners are as follows:
- Bashir Lawandi Datti – Nominated for Jos North
- Dr. Cletus Shurkuk – Nominated for Pankshin
- Mrs. Jamila Tukur – Nominated for Qua’an Pan
The Governor had previously submitted 16 Commissioner nominees to the Plateau State House of Assembly for confirmation. This action aligns with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as Amended, which mandates such confirmation by the Assembly.
Previously nominated commissioners include:
- Mr Peter L Gwom – Barkin Ladi
- Hon. Sule Musa Haruna – Bassa
- Adams Bulus Leshak – Bokkos
- Hon. Musa Ibrahim Ashoms – Jos East
- Peter Nyam Gai – Jos North
- Mr Jatau Davou Gyang – Jos South
- Mr Bugama Samson Ishaku – Kanke
- Hon, Ephraim Usman – Kanam
- Hon. Joshua Lever Ubandoma – Langtang North
- Asso, Prof. Obert Gossele Nanjul – Langtang South
- Mrs Caroline Pangiang – Mikang
- Mrs Dongkum Grace Shwarta – Pankshin
- Mr Chrysanthus Dawam – Quaanpan
- Dr. (Mrs) Kachollom Pyam Gang – Riyom
- Hon. Noel Naanniap Nkup – Shendam
- Mr Nyalun M. Salibu – Ibrahim Wase.
By appointing these Commissioners, Governor Mutfwang aims to strengthen his team and enhance governance in Plateau State. The nominees’ diverse backgrounds and experiences are expected to bring valuable perspectives to the state government’s decision-making process.
The approval of these additional nominees reflects Governor Mutfwang’s commitment to building an efficient and effective administration that addresses the needs and aspirations of the people of Plateau State. As they await confirmation by the State House of Assembly, the newly nominated Commissioners are expected to undergo a thorough screening process to ensure they meet the required criteria for the positions.