Connect with us

News

I entered armoured vehicle to project my voice properly to Angwan Rukuba residents: Gov Mutfwang

info

Published

on

IMG 3146 2 scaled.jpeg

Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has explained that he stood on an armoured vehicle to address the crowd during his visit to Angwan Rukuba after 30 people were killed in an attack on Palm Sunday because he needed it as an elevated platform.

Mr Mutfwang, however, said his gesture was misrepresented by social media commentators.

“From the height I stood, part of the reason they put me in the ATC was for me to gain height in order to address the crowd,” Mr Mutfwang said in an interview with Channels TV on Sunday.

He added, “As I addressed the crowd and they were comfortable that I had arrived, that’s why they were saying, ‘come, come,’ assuring me that I could come and that there was no harm.”

The governor berated social media commentators, saying, “If not for mischief, why are people not focusing on where I spent 90 per cent of the time with the crowd, seeing the corpses, appealing to people, calming people?”

He added, “You could see that social media can take a small portion and misrepresent it completely. I was comfortable with the people. I knew the people were not going to harm me, but the security had to.”

Last Monday, a horde of protesters grieving over the Palm Sunday attack that left many dead in Angwan Rukuba, Plateau State, shouted at Mr Mutfwang during his visit to the community, calling him a liar and asking him to come down from his armoured vehicle.

“Come down to address us. We will not listen to you,” some of the protesters chanted, while Mr Mutfwang begged them to listen to him.

“If you keep quiet, I will come to wherever you want me to come,” Mr Mutfwang entreated the crowd from the opening on the armoured vehicle that brought him to the community.

In another video, protesters confronted the governor, telling him he was lying and deceiving them with promises to secure lives and property.

“It is a lie. It is lie,” they chanted in Hausa, disrupting the governor’s speech.



Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

2027: Only Atiku can match Tinubu, opposition will die if steps down – Aide

info

Published

on

By

Tinubu and Atiku.jpg

The Senior Political Assistant to the African Democratic Congress, ADC, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, Demola Olarewaju, on Tuesday said the momentum of the opposition would die if the former vice president stepped down from the presidential race ahead of 2027.

Olarewaju insisted that Atiku is the only candidate showing the capacity to match President Bola Tinubu locally and internationally.

Posting on X, he wrote: “Atiku steps down now and opposition momentum dies totally – an election with the incumbent as contestant is a different ballgame from a transition election.

“2027 is beyond Atiku. Atiku himself is the bridge for us to build and hold an opposition core, post-2027.

“Atiku is the only candidate showing capacity to match Bola Tinubu locally and internationally in 2027.

“Every election is unique and different and everyone should get ready.

“2023 went the way it did because Buhari wasn’t too invested in Tinubu’s victory, that’s why APC lost Lagos and communal rigging was allowed in many states.”

Continue Reading

Business

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

info

Published

on

By

The Lagos Zonal Directorate 1 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, August 17, 2026 recovered 2.3 million litres of Automotive Gas Oil, AGO, valued at N4.485 billion from Mamemo Ibru of Ibafon Oil and Gas, during an investigation into an alleged case of stealing and criminal conversion.

The recovery followed a petition submitted by Prudent Energy and Services Limited, alleging that petroleum products entrusted to Ibafon Oil and Gas for storage had been unlawfully converted, resulting in a significant shortfall in the company’s stock.

The petitioner also alleged that periodic withdrawals were made from the stored products until the outstanding balance stood at 2,574,031 litres.

However, during a subsequent physical measurement and reconciliation exercise, only 206,761 litres remained in the storage tanks, leaving a deficit of 2,367,270 litres.

Investigation revealed that Ibafon Oil and Gas is involved in the purchase and sale of Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) and also stores its petroleum products at the same depot alongside products belonging to its customers.

It was further revealed that Ibru allegedly used his position as the owner of Ibafon Oil and Gas to truck out petroleum products in excess of the quantity owned by the company, thereby converting the petitioner’s products for his own use.

Following the Commission’s intervention, the suspect handed over the recovered products to the petitioner, Prudent Energy and Services Limited.

The post Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos appeared first on Business Today NG.

Continue Reading

Trending