Connect with us

News

Plateau Government Gives Motorcycle Operators 72 Hours to Vacate Jos-Bukuru Metropolis

editor

Published

on

Motorcycle Okada riders bike

The Plateau State Government has given motorcycle operators a 72-hour ultimatum to vacate the Jos-Bukuru metropolis, warning that the recent surge in their activities violates existing laws under the Greater Jos Master Plan.

In a statement released on Tuesday, the Commissioner for Transportation, Hon. Davou Jatau Gyang, described the situation as alarming, revealing that more than 400 motorcycles have been observed operating illegally in the area despite the longstanding ban, stressing that the ban remains in full effect and is non-negotiable.

“We are committed to upholding public safety, enforcing the law, and maintaining order in our urban areas,” Gyang said.

“This 72-hour notice is the final warning. Any operator who fails to comply will face legal consequences.”

To enforce the directive, the state government has deployed mobile courts across Jos-Bukuru to prosecute offenders.

Motorcycle operators found within restricted areas after the deadline will be arrested and prosecuted without exception.

The government cited growing concerns over motorcycle-related accidents, traffic congestion, and security risks as reasons for its firm stance. It noted that motorcycles had been previously banned from the metropolis to ensure the safety and orderly movement of residents.

Gyang urged residents to cooperate with authorities and support the enforcement exercise, emphasizing that while motorcycles serve as a means of livelihood and transportation, they must operate within legal limits.

“We recognize the role motorcycles play in daily transportation, but public safety and adherence to the law must take precedence. This directive is in the best interest of the community,” he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Osun: We did everything possible – Farouq Aliyu reveals why APC lost

info

Published

on

By

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Farouq Aliyu, has attributed the party’s defeat in the Osun State governorship election to internal disagreements among its members.

Aliyu said some APC members were unhappy with the party’s candidate and allegedly refused to support his campaign, contributing to the party’s loss at the polls.

📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app

Continue Reading

News

2027: ‘Learn from Davido, you can remove Tinubu’ – Timi Frank to Nigerian youths

info

Published

on

By

Timi Frank.jpg

Timi Frank, former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has said the re-election of Ademola Adeleke in Osun State showed that Nigerians, especially youths, can remove President Bola Ahmed Tinubu through the ballot in the 2027 general election.

He disclosed this in a statement on Monday.

📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app

Continue Reading

Trending