Connect with us

News

OPSH Hands Over Recovered Weapons to NCCSALW, Reaffirms Commitment to Arms-Free Society

editor

Published

on

220 Arms, 1874  Ammunition , Operation Safe Haven , NCCSALW

Operation SAFE HAVEN (OPSH) has handed over 220 small arms and light weapons, 1,874 rounds of ammunition, and 83 cartridges recovered from criminal elements to the National Centre for the Control of Small Arms and Light Weapons (NCCSALW).

The formal handover, held on Sunday, August 17, 2025, was presided over by the General Officer Commanding 3 Division Nigerian Army and Commander OPSH, Major General Folusho Oyinlola.

Speaking at the event, General Oyinlola said the recovery of the weapons underscores the Federal Government’s resolve to curb insecurity and halt the proliferation of illicit arms. He urged citizens to support government initiatives aimed at achieving an arms-free society, adding that OPSH has continued to record significant successes through a mix of kinetic and non-kinetic approaches.

Receiving the cache on behalf of the Director-General of NCCSALW, Deputy Director-General Mr. Abdul Adamu praised OPSH for its role in dismantling armed criminal networks. He assured that the Centre remains committed to partnering with security agencies to rid the country of illegal weapons.

Mr. Adamu also called on Nigerians to rally behind the Federal Government’s campaign against small arms proliferation, stressing that collective action is vital to sustaining peace and security.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Musk’s xAI is running nearly 50 gas turbines unchecked at its Mississippi data center

info

Published

on

By

GettyImages 2217198328.jpeg

Elon Musk’s xAI is running nearly 50 natural gas turbines at its Mississippi data center, power plants that the state is currently not regulating thanks to a loophole.

The power plants are considered “mobile” by the state of Mississippi because they are sitting on flatbed trailers, thus allowing them to dodge to air pollution regulations for one year. The NAACP, which has filed a lawsuit on behalf of residents in the area, says the unchecked emissions from the turbines is worsening air quality in an already polluted region. This week, it asked the court for an injunction against xAI.

At issue is the “mobile” nature of the turbines. The Southern Environmental Law Center, which filed the lawsuit on behalf of the NAACP, says the turbines are being operated in violation of federal law, which says that power plants mounted on a trailer can still be considered stationary and subject to air pollution regulations.

XAI has been granted permits for 15 of its turbines. A Greater Memphis Chamber of Commerce press release previously said that “about half” of the 35 turbines in operation in May 2025 would remain on site. However, xAI has continued to install more. Currently, it’s operating 46, according to a local news report.

Continue Reading

News

Plateau relaxes curfew in Jos North after attack by bandits 

info

Published

on

By

Plateau State logo.png

The Plateau State Government has reviewed the curfew imposed on Jos North Local Government Area following a satisfactory security assessment carried out in the affected area.

This was disclosed on Wednesday by Joyce Ramnap, the commissioner for information and communication.

According to her, the decision followed a satisfactory assessment of the security situation in the area.

“Curfew earlier imposed on the area is hereby further relaxed. Effective Wednesday, May 13, 2026, the curfew will now run from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily,” Ms Ramnap said. 

“Residents are advised to continue to comply strictly with the directive and cooperate with security agencies,” she added.

She urged residents to remain law-abiding, vigilant, and report suspicious activities to security agencies, while appreciating their cooperation and understanding.

Ms Rambap also advised residents to report suspicious activities to security agencies.

The curfew was imposed following a deadly attack in Angwan Rukuba community where more than 30 persons were killed in the attack.

Continue Reading

Trending