Connect with us

News

Guardian tortures 11-yr-old girl to death in Plateau LGA

editor

Published

on

Abuse

An 11-year-old girl, identified as Margaret Joshua has died in Jos as a result of alleged physical abuse by her guardian, Mrs. Nneamaka Nwachuku, a Microbiologist who works in one of the Research Institutes in Vom, Jos South local government area of Plateau State.

It was gathered that the Kebbi State-born victim, reportedly fled from insecurity in her community before some supposed helper took her to serve in a family home in Jos.

A source said the suspect, a mother of two, did not enroll the victim in school since the girl was taken in by her family but indulged in the daily beating of the girl.

During a recent beating as punishment for masturbating, the girl was forced to sit in a container with hot water, which burnt her buttocks, and she died in the hospital on Monday, November 14.

The Plateau State Coordinator of the National Human Rights Commission, Grace Pam, whose office is following up on the case told Vanguard that based on the number of scars and wounds on her body, her guardians must have subjected her to a series of torture during the period that she stayed with the family.

“Our attention was called to the situation on Monday by a staff in the hospital who said that an a 11-year-old girl was seriously beaten and injured by her guardian, Mrs. Nneamaka Nwachukwu in Vom. The girl had scars and burns on her body. We were told that she was taken to Mandela hospital in Kaduna Vom before she was referred to come to Jos.

When some of our staff met with Mrs. Nwachukwu at the Police Station in Vom where she was detained, she confessed she has been beating her and claimed the girl used to masturbate so she was punishing her so she could stop. She claimed she did not know what used to come over her because she felt bad anytime she beats the child.” Pam said

Speaking on the burns on the victim’s buttocks, the guardian claimed;

“she fell into hot water and ran out of the house after the incident for almost 24hrs.”

It was however gathered that someone saw the traumatized girl on the street and took her to the Police station at Kaduna Vom. The security agents then took the girl to the hospital before calling the attention of her guardian as Mrs. Pam expressed worry that, “no action was taken to take care of the girl in her condition for about 24hrs until someone saw her and took her to the Police station.”

It was also gathered that this was not the first time the Nwachukwus would assault the girl as the Police had earlier warned them against maltreating the girl and asked them to return the girl to her parents. The supposed guardians have not met the girl’s parents who are in Kebbi State but are said to have been speaking with them on phone.

However, the case has been transferred from the Police Station in Kaduna to the Police Headquarters in Jos as investigations continue.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

2027: ‘Learn from Davido, you can remove Tinubu’ – Timi Frank to Nigerian youths

info

Published

on

By

Timi Frank.jpg

Timi Frank, former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has said the re-election of Ademola Adeleke in Osun State showed that Nigerians, especially youths, can remove President Bola Ahmed Tinubu through the ballot in the 2027 general election.

He disclosed this in a statement on Monday.

📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app

Continue Reading

News

14 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi, Plateau operations: Army

info

Published

on

By

HPY4WlaW0AAD1 L e1786951335651.jpg

The Nigerian Army says 14 kidnap victims were rescued in separate operations in Kogi, while sustaining pressure on criminal elements across the country.

The army disclosed this in its latest operational update covering August 15 and 16, on Sunday. In Kogi, the troops of 21 Battalion rescued 13 victims abducted along the Alloma-Ejule Road in Ofu council area.

The troops had launched a search-and-rescue operation after the victims were kidnapped on Tuesday.

The operation covered the Emeweopada-Abocho axis in Dekina council area, where sustained military pressure forced the kidnappers to flee.

“The victims were subsequently released and taken to the palace of the Onu Abocho for further action. In another incident in Ofu, troops responding to a suspected kidnapping attack along the Ochadamu-Okabo Road rescued a pregnant woman abandoned by kidnappers.

“The troops had discovered that four civilians, including the pregnant woman, were abducted by the criminals. The kidnappers abandoned the woman and fled after sighting the advancing troops from a distance. The rescued woman was subsequently reunited with her family,” the report said.

In Plateau, troops of Operation ENDURING PEACE responded to a report of the kidnapping of two civilians at Nhantina Village in Bokkos council area.

One of the victims had gunshot wounds and was evacuated to Bokkos Cottage Hospital for medical attention, while troops continued pursuit of the abductors.

“Meanwhile, troops of Operation FANSAN YAMMA arrested another suspect linked to a notorious arms and explosives dealer in Zamfara. The development followed the Aug. 14 arrest of the arms dealer while transporting 180 units of 20mm Super Power explosives along the Kaura-Zurmi Road in Zurmi Local Government Area.

“Based on information obtained from the suspect, troops of 1 Military Intelligence Regiment arrested another suspect at the Gusau Central Motor Park on August 15,” the report said.

In Sokoto, troops responding to a terrorist attack at Jijira Village in Sabon Birni council area forced the attackers to flee into nearby bushes. According to the report, troops have begun efforts to track the fleeing terrorists, rescue the abducted persons and recover the rustled livestock.

“Troops also foiled an attack by suspected armed militias targeting Murish Community in Mangu Local Government Area. Troops responded to reports of sporadic shooting, forcing the suspected militias to withdraw from the area. They subsequently dominated the area to deny the criminal elements freedom of action,” it added.

The latest operations underscored the military’s continued focus on disrupting kidnapping, terrorism and other criminal activities while supporting efforts to restore peace in affected communities.

(NAN)



Continue Reading

Trending