Connect with us

News

2027: Our projects already campaigning for us – Wike

info

Published

on

Wike fct .jpg

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has said the ongoing delivery of infrastructure projects across Abuja serves as the strongest campaign message ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Speaking while inspecting the Arterial Road N16 and the Tunga Madaki–Zuba road projects on Wednesday, Wike maintained that political activities would not distract his administration from completing key development projects in the territory.

According to him, the administration’s achievements provide a clear record of performance that can be presented to Nigerians.

He said, “voters are more interested in tangible results than political rhetoric, stressing that the government has fulfilled many of its promises through ongoing infrastructure development”.

The minister expressed satisfaction with the progress of the Arterial Road N16 project, a major route linking Jahi, Gwarimpa and Karsana.

He noted that the contractor, CBC Global, had assured the government that the road would be completed by January, adding that adequate funding would be provided to ensure the target is met.

Wike also commended the work being carried out on the 7.3-kilometre Tunga Madaki–Zuba road by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation.

He said the company had demonstrated commitment despite weather-related challenges and remained on track to complete the project by December.

The FCT minister disclosed that approval had been granted for the relocation of electricity poles along the route to pave the way for the installation of streetlights.

He further praised Chinese construction firms handling projects in the territory, noting that many begin work without waiting for mobilisation funds because of their confidence in the government’s ability to meet contractual obligations.

He assured residents that funding would continue to be made available for critical projects and urged contractors to maintain high standards and meet agreed deadlines.

Wike added that regular inspections by the FCT Administration are aimed at ensuring timely completion of projects under the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The inspections, he said, form part of efforts to accelerate infrastructure development across the Federal Capital Territory ahead of future electoral cycles.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Osun: APC candidate Oyebamiji meets Tinubu for first time after election loss

info

Published

on

By

1787332908 Bola Oyebamiji.png

The candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the just concluded Osun State governorship election, Bola Oyebamiji, on Friday met with President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

This was barely 24 hours after incumbent Governor, Ademola Adeleke of Accord Party, who won the election, paid the President a visit and presented his Certificate of Return to him.

Speaking to newsmen after the meeting, Oyebamiji called for peace among political actors in Osun State, stating that the party is still reviewing the outcome of the election.

He said Tinubu advised him to approach the situation with a peaceful mindset.

According to him, Nigerians must understand that government is about the people, and for that reason, peace must be prioritised

“I met with the President, and what he said was that the most important thing is to run every election with a peaceful mind.

“It is important for us Nigerians to know that government is about the people, and because of that, it is important that we should be peaceful. I want to appeal to our people in Osun that they need to be peaceful,” Oyebamiji said.

He further stated that the party is still examining the books regarding the election, and will make its position known to the public in due course.

The APC candidate equally charged Governor Adeleke to call his supporters to order and prevent violence.

Continue Reading

News

Rain disrupts Zenith Bank, NBBF Women’s League game in Jos

info

Published

on

By

20260820 181952 300x225 1.jpg

The ongoing Zenith Bank/Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) Women’s Basketball League was disrupted on Thursday as a leaking roof of the match venue forced the suspension of a match in Jos.

The match between Aso Sky Queens and Nigeria Customs was halted twice in the first quarter after rainwater from the leaking roof fell onto the court.

The match, played at the Indoor Sports Hall of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, Rayfield, Jos, is part of the Savannah Conference of the NBBF Women’s Basketball League, sponsored by Zenith Bank and hosted by Plateau.

The disruption occurred shortly after the first quarter began, leaving both teams unable to continue.

Players and officials stopped play as they worked to mop the affected area and make the court safe to continue.

However, the leakage persisted, causing another disruption and eventually forcing officials to postpone the encounter.

The match is expected to resume on Friday, subject to the availability of a suitable playing surface at the venue.

The incident has also raised concerns about the condition of the indoor basketball arena, particularly the need to provide safe and suitable facilities for major sporting competitions.

Eight teams are competing in the Savannah Conference for places in the next stage of the competition.

(NAN)

Continue Reading

Trending