Connect with us

News

Renewed Attacks Claim 15 Lives in Bokkos and Mangu LGAs of Plateau

editor

Published

on

Plateau map

At least 15 people have been confirmed dead following renewed attacks by gunmen in communities within Bokkos and Mangu Local Government Areas of Plateau State.

The attacks occurred on Thursday night in Manja community of Chakfem District, Mangu LGA, and Tangur community in Bokkos LGA.

According to sources, the assailants invaded both communities at separate times, unleashing violence and causing panic among residents. The assault on Tangur reportedly happened around 9 p.m., while residents were preparing to retire for the night. The Chakfem incident was said to have occurred earlier in the evening.

Witnesses said the attackers operated for a while in each location, firing sporadically and breaking into homes before fleeing the scenes.

Confirming the incident, Shohotden Mathias Ibrahim, Director of Culture, Mwaghavul Development Association, and also Director of the IDP (Pilot Science) Camp in Mangu, said seven persons were killed in the Mangu attack. He described the situation as tense and called for urgent intervention.

Sources in Bokkos also confirmed that eight persons lost their lives in the Tangur attack, bringing the total number of fatalities to 15. However, efforts to reach some community leaders in the area were unsuccessful as messages sent to them were yet to be acknowledged.

The security agents are yet to respond to calls and text messages as of the time of filing this report Friday morning.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Yari accepts appointment as APC Presidential campaign council DG

info

Published

on

By

Yari Abubakar .jpg

Senator Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar has accepted his appointment as the Director-General of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential Campaign Council for the 2027 elections.

In a statement released on Saturday in Abuja, the Zamfara West senator expressed deep gratitude and seriousness over the responsibility.

“I accept this responsibility with deep gratitude and full seriousness. My sincere thanks go to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the party for the trust placed in me, and to our party leadership for the confidence. I do not take it lightly,” Yari said.

He described the campaign as more than an election, calling it “a conversation with the Nigerian people in every state, every language, every faith about the future we are building together.”

Yari pledged that the campaign would be conducted with discipline, unity, and respect for all, saying that work would begin immediately and that there is a place for everyone.

To Nigerians of every political leaning, he urged a choice of progress over division, adding that the party would earn public confidence through its record rather than noise.

“By the grace of God, and with the effort of us all, we will deliver victory in January 2027,” he concluded.

Continue Reading

News

Osun Guber: Gov Adeleke urges unity among political leaders

info

Published

on

By

Gov Adeleke.jpg

Osun State governor, Ademola Adeleke has urged political leaders across the state to work together to move the state forward.

The call came after the 2026 governorship election.

Governor Adeleke made the call while reacting to the peace appeal issued by the All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, following his recent visit to President Bola Tinubu in Abuja.

The governor described Oyebamiji’s appeal as a welcome development after weeks of intense political activities and tension surrounding the election.

In a statement issued by his spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed on Friday, Adeleke said the people of Osun deserved peace and stability after the election season.

The governor also called on members and supporters of all political parties to exercise restraint and avoid actions capable of undermining peace across the state.

Adeleke said his administration had consistently opposed the use of violence for political purposes, despite the pressures experienced during the campaign and election period.

He said, “I am forever a man of peace. It is heartwarming that my brother, Oyebamiji, is also preaching peace. I assure him that my supporters have not and will not attack APC members.”

According to the governor, “the period of political competition has ended, making cooperation among leaders necessary to ensure effective governance and development across Osun.

“Elections have come and gone, and we are all winners. The common task for us all is to sustain the delivery of democratic dividends and good governance to the good people of Osun State.”

Adeleke invited former governor Adegboyega Oyetola, Oyebamiji and other opposition leaders to participate in efforts aimed at advancing the interests of the state.

He said, “We are all important stakeholders in this Osun project.”

He also reiterated his commitment to maintaining peace and encouraged political cooperation after the election.

Continue Reading

Trending