Connect with us

News

Governor Lalong to return missionary schools to owners

editor

Published

on

Lalong return missionary schools to owners

The Plateau State Governor, Simon Bako Lalong has promised to return missionary schools in the state to their original owners.

Lalong made the promise when the Association of Papal Knights and Medalists in Nigeria, paid him a courtesy visit at the Government House, Jos.

In a statement by the governor’s spokesperson, Dr. Makut Macham, on Sunday in Jos, Lalong said that the missionary schools would be returned to their original owners as soon as the committee set up to look into the matter submitted its report.

He thanked the association for picking the state to host its 14th National Conference and commended the members for their contributions to the growth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The governor also commended them for their efforts in raising leaders, who had made an impact in different fields.

Earlier in her remarks, the National President of the Association, Dame Esther Uduehi, thanked Lalong for his commitment to service and his efforts toward changing the negative narrative of the state.

According to Uduehi, since the governor assumed office as governor of Plateau, he has made the state safe and attractive for tourists and investors and has improved the lives of the people through laudable projects and programs.

She urged him to sustain the tempo for the remaining part of his administration, so as to leave an enduring legacy for the people.

Uduehi also appreciated his devotion to the Catholic Church and constant involvement in activities that related to the propagation of the gospel.

Special prayers were conducted for Lalong by the association during the visit.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

2027: ‘Learn from Davido, you can remove Tinubu’ – Timi Frank to Nigerian youths

info

Published

on

By

Timi Frank.jpg

Timi Frank, former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has said the re-election of Ademola Adeleke in Osun State showed that Nigerians, especially youths, can remove President Bola Ahmed Tinubu through the ballot in the 2027 general election.

He disclosed this in a statement on Monday.

📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app

Continue Reading

News

14 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi, Plateau operations: Army

info

Published

on

By

HPY4WlaW0AAD1 L e1786951335651.jpg

The Nigerian Army says 14 kidnap victims were rescued in separate operations in Kogi, while sustaining pressure on criminal elements across the country.

The army disclosed this in its latest operational update covering August 15 and 16, on Sunday. In Kogi, the troops of 21 Battalion rescued 13 victims abducted along the Alloma-Ejule Road in Ofu council area.

The troops had launched a search-and-rescue operation after the victims were kidnapped on Tuesday.

The operation covered the Emeweopada-Abocho axis in Dekina council area, where sustained military pressure forced the kidnappers to flee.

“The victims were subsequently released and taken to the palace of the Onu Abocho for further action. In another incident in Ofu, troops responding to a suspected kidnapping attack along the Ochadamu-Okabo Road rescued a pregnant woman abandoned by kidnappers.

“The troops had discovered that four civilians, including the pregnant woman, were abducted by the criminals. The kidnappers abandoned the woman and fled after sighting the advancing troops from a distance. The rescued woman was subsequently reunited with her family,” the report said.

In Plateau, troops of Operation ENDURING PEACE responded to a report of the kidnapping of two civilians at Nhantina Village in Bokkos council area.

One of the victims had gunshot wounds and was evacuated to Bokkos Cottage Hospital for medical attention, while troops continued pursuit of the abductors.

“Meanwhile, troops of Operation FANSAN YAMMA arrested another suspect linked to a notorious arms and explosives dealer in Zamfara. The development followed the Aug. 14 arrest of the arms dealer while transporting 180 units of 20mm Super Power explosives along the Kaura-Zurmi Road in Zurmi Local Government Area.

“Based on information obtained from the suspect, troops of 1 Military Intelligence Regiment arrested another suspect at the Gusau Central Motor Park on August 15,” the report said.

In Sokoto, troops responding to a terrorist attack at Jijira Village in Sabon Birni council area forced the attackers to flee into nearby bushes. According to the report, troops have begun efforts to track the fleeing terrorists, rescue the abducted persons and recover the rustled livestock.

“Troops also foiled an attack by suspected armed militias targeting Murish Community in Mangu Local Government Area. Troops responded to reports of sporadic shooting, forcing the suspected militias to withdraw from the area. They subsequently dominated the area to deny the criminal elements freedom of action,” it added.

The latest operations underscored the military’s continued focus on disrupting kidnapping, terrorism and other criminal activities while supporting efforts to restore peace in affected communities.

(NAN)



Continue Reading

Trending