A youth support group for frontline APC gubernatorial aspirant, Mr. Sunday Garba Biggs, has reaffirmed their commitment and belief in his candidacy and described him as the best chance at uniting Plateau people, achieving solidarity, developing and building a secure and safer Plateau.
The group better known as ‘The Bigg Things Youth Support Group’ made this known through a press text signed by the Convener of the group Solomon D. Mancha, and made available to journalists in Jos on Wednesday 11th May 2022.
The statement described Mr. Biggs as a technocrat who by sheer hard work and excellence rose through the ranks to the pinnacle of the civil service at a comparatively young age and who all through his career years has worked at close quarters with very many past and serving political and community leaders, understands better, the political dynamics of the state and is better equipped to manage all the contending political interests in the state while delivering quality leadership to the people.
They further stated that they were resolute in the support and endorsement of the candidacy of Mr. Sunday Garba Biggs for the office of the Governor of Plateau State under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Statement Reads:
Recall that the kick-start to the processes that will lead to the 2023 general elections are upon us. That time has come again, when forces are aligning and re-aligning in a battle of wits, with a view to capturing the highly coveted and prized ‘possessions’ of elective offices across the country.
- Having in mind, that whether those who emerge victorious would be people who genuinely care about the progress of this country and the welfare of its citizens or the same old guards who have held this nation back by their deeds or misdeeds; their actions or inactions, is utterly up to us who are young and desirous of a better Nigeria;
- Realizing that here in plateau state it’s going to be a battle for the very soul of our state, because the choice(s) that we are going to make or that we will allow to be made for us will either make or mar us;
- Understanding the urgency of the moment as forces continue to coalesce in the build-up to the primaries in all political parties, the need for all young people of good conscience who are passionate about the plateau project to take concrete and decisive action and to ensure that we drive the processes across all political parties by participating actively;
- Believing the statement by Socrates that “if a wise man refuses to rule, then he must be ready to suffer the punishment of the rulership of idiots”. Thus the need for all hands to be on deck to ensure that Plateau gets the best in 2023;
- Affirming that this our Plateau state has gone through a myriad of social challenges that has threatened the very social fabrics that hold us together as a people over the years, and as such we should not and must not allow our diversity in political allegiances to be a source of rancour, enmity or hatred;
We the undersigned, being coordinating members of the ‘BiggThings Youth Support Network’ (BYSN) and the general assembly of the Network have agreed and hereby wish to declare as follows:
- That we support and endorse the candidacy of Mr. Sunday Garba Biggs for the office of the Governor of Plateau State under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- That Mr. Biggs being a technocrat who by sheer hard work and excellence rose through the ranks to the pinnacle of the civil service at a comparatively young age and who all through his career years has worked at close quarters with very many past and serving political and community leaders, understands better, the political dynamics of the state and is better equipped to manage all the contending political interests in the state while delivering quality leadership to the people.
- That having worked in the corridors of power as a civil servant, with five (5) former and one (1) serving Governor(s) of plateau state in the last 23 years, Mr. Biggs knows and understands what made some of them succeed and some to fail and has thus garnered the requisite experiences to consolidate on their successes and to avoid their failures.
- That while the crop of candidates vying for the office are good in their own rights, and constitute the best collection of aspirants we have ever had in Plateau State, Mr. Biggs represents the best chance we have at Uniting our people, achieving solidarity, developing our state and building a secure and safer Plateau for the good of our people and for the glory of God.
We also wish to state, in clear and very categorical terms that despite and irrespective of the rumours going round town, we believe in and will continue to be confident in the commitment of the leadership of the APC both at the state and national level to provide a level playing ground to all contestants, until and unless we have reason to believe otherwise.
We also wish to impress it upon the minds of all Plateau people that the race to little Rayfield is a family affair and thus a contest that must be conducted in brotherhood. And in all circumstances let us remember that the forces that bind us together are greater than those that tear us apart, as only then can we reposition Plateau State on the path of greatness.
Long live Plateau State!!!
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Bigg Things Coming!!!
Solomon D. Mancha Convener
Rachel B. Nuhu General Secretary
Adi Ali Bassa Asst. General Secretary
Longs Nanribet Organizing Secretary
Henry Mundi Asst. Publicity Secretary
Maimashi Eric Publicity Secretary
Victory Ishalekwu Asst. Publicity Secretary
Caleb Doy Treasurer
Sam Fengo Legal Adviser
Wetson Pokyes Asst. Legal Adviser
Na’along Edward Financial Sec
Biplang Yale Central Zone Coordinator
Monday Weyi Northern Zone Coordinator
Sumlat Sumpet Southern Zone Coordinator