Connect with us

News

Cyera agrees to acquire Oasis Security for $1B to safeguard proliferating AI agents

info

Published

on

Data security company Cyera, which recently raised $600 million at a $12 billion valuation, announced Tuesday that it signed a letter of intent to acquire Oasis Security for approximately $1 billion in a deal expected to be paid mostly in cash, with the remainder in Cyera shares.

Oasis focuses on non-human identities, primarily AI agents. As the number of AI agents proliferates, companies must deploy cybersecurity software that monitors these agents’ behavior and grants them permission to access other software.

Founded in 2022, Oasis has raised about $195 million from Accel, Craft Ventures, Cyberstarts and other investors.

The deal highlights a surging market for cybersecurity providers defending enterprises against AI-weaponized threats.

Cyera, which shares investors Accel and Cyberstarts with Oasis, has been on an acquisition spree, recently purchasing Index Ventures-backed Ryft and the less-than-one-year-old Genie Security.

Post-acquisition, Cyera plans to integrate Oasis’s technology into a unified identity and data security platform.

Although Cyera recently surpassed $150 million in annual recurring revenue (ARR), the company is far from profitable, TechCrunch reported last month. The five-year-old company has raised about $2.3 billion in total funding.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health

FEC approves N540bn to upgrade National Hospital, build cancer centre

info

Published

on

By

Professor Muhammad Ali Pate copy.jpg

MTN ADVERT

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved projects worth about N540 billion to upgrade the National Hospital, Abuja, to a quaternary healthcare institution and to build a new cancer treatment centre.

Quaternary healthcare refers to highly specialised medical care involving advanced treatment, research and management of complex conditions.

The approvals were disclosed by the Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Muhammad Pate, after the weekly FEC meeting on Wednesday.

The Personal Assistant to President Bola Tinubu on Special Duties, Kamorudeen Yusuf, shared details of the approvals in a post on X.

The approved projects include the construction of new facilities at the National Hospital, Abuja, a Neuroscience Institute and a new National Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment (NICRAT) facility.

PT WHATSAPP CHANNEL

National Hospital upgrade

According to Yusuf, the council approved N18.74 million for the refitting of the hospital’s administrative block, with Visible Construction Limited awarded the contract.

It also approved N64.92 billion for modular clinics and a theatre complex, to be constructed by Strabbing Construction Limited.

Another N103 billion was approved for a new hospital wing, with CBC Global Civil Construction Limited awarded the contract.

The project is expected to be completed within 24 months.

The council further approved N69 billion for a Neuroscience Institute covering neurosurgery, radiology and rehabilitation. CBC Global Civil and Building Construction Limited was awarded the contract.

The approvals are part of plans to transform the National Hospital, which Pate said had lagged behind its “original vision” due to years of underinvestment since its establishment about 25 years ago.

Cancer centre

The largest of the approved projects is the N302.3 billion facility for the National Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment.

Yusuf said the project, awarded to CBC Global Civil and Building Construction Nigeria Limited, has a 36-month completion period.

READ ALSO: FG seeks African-led research, partnerships to tackle hepatobiliary cancers

The facility is expected to strengthen cancer research and treatment capacity in the country.

“The projects follow President Tinubu’s directive to strengthen healthcare infrastructure nationwide, and that funding comes through National Assembly appropriations already reflected in the 2025 and 2026 budgets rather than direct ministry allocation,” Pate was quoted to have said.


Discover more from Premium Times Nigeria

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Continue Reading

News

2027: Osun already in bag for Tinubu – Bashir Ahmad

info

Published

on

By

Bashir Ahmad.jpeg

Former presidential aide, Bashir Ahmad, has expressed the optimism that President Bola Tinubu already has the backing of Osun State in the 2027 general elections.
Ahmad made this statement in a post on his verified X handle on Thursday.

This came after Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke on Thursday visited Tinubu alongside other members of the state chapter of Accord Party and presented him his Certificate of Return.

Reacting, Ahmad said, “President Bola Tinubu has Osun on both sides, with the ruling party (Accord) and the main opposition (APC) both firmly within his political orbit.

“For President Tinubu, Osun is already in the bag. The political dynamics in the state have already pointed in one direction, the Renewed Hope and victory in 2027.”

DAILY POST reports that Adeleke won the August 15, 2026 election after polling 511,067 votes against his opponent, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress, APC, who polled 444,815 votes.

Najeem Salaam of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, scored 17,180 votes coming third on the ballot.

Continue Reading

Trending