Connect with us

News

24 ISWAP family members surrender to troops in Borno

info

Published

on

IMG 7243 1.jpeg

The Nigerian Army says a total of 24 family members of Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists have surrendered to troops in the Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State.

The information is contained in an operational report made available on Saturday.

The report indicated that the terrorists’ family members surrendered at about 4 p.m. on Thursday to troops of 112 Task Force Battalion.

It added that the group fled the Gasuwa and Yaganari terrorist enclaves following clashes between rival factions within the terrorist organisation.

It noted that the surrendered family members had been profiled and documented by the troops for further action.

It added that troops of 212 Battalion, supported by the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), in another operation, apprehended two suspects during a raid in Bewac general area.

The report added that the operation was conducted along Al-Ansar University Road in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council based on human intelligence about suspected terrorist activities.

“Troops arrested one suspect in possession of a magazine loaded with 35 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.

“The suspect claimed he received the magazine and ammunition from another civilian, who was subsequently arrested by the troops.

“A mobile phone was recovered from the second suspect, while both suspects and exhibits remained in military custody for further investigation,” it said.

The report also revealed that troops of 25 Military Intelligence Regiment and CJTF arrested a suspected ISWAP logistics supplier and informant in Kekura, Damboa Local GovernmentArea.

It added that the suspect was arrested at his residence following intelligence linking him to the supply of food items and mobile phones to terrorist camps.

“Meanwhile, troops of Operation Fansan  Yamma foiled a kidnapping incident at Jurawa Village in Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

“The troops responded to a distress call after a female resident was abducted by suspected kidnappers at about 10 p.m. on Thursday.”

The report noted that locals killed and mutilated the corpses of five suspected kidnappers before troops arrived, while other terrorists fled after abandoning their victim.

Troops, therefore, warned residents against taking the law into their hands and assured them of continued efforts to protect law-abiding citizens.

In Plateau State, report said troops of Operation Enduring Peace recovered an AK-47 rifle after arresting a woman attempting to flee with two magazines.

It said the troops raided Kisayi and Dogon Daji settlements in the Bassa Local Government Area following intelligence on the kidnapping of a civilian.

According to the report, further searches led to recovery of a locally fabricated firearm, three mobile phones and a military jungle hat from another residence.

It stated, “In another operation, troops recovered 20 rustled cattle at Dila Village in Pankshin Local Government Area after engaging suspected rustlers, who fled the area. The recovered cattle were subsequently handed over to their owner.”

In the South-South, the report said the troops of the Joint Task Force South-South Operation Delta Safe arrested three suspected cultists over alleged murder in the Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.

It added that suspects were arrested during a raid on Sunfit Hotel, Owhelogbo, and handed over to the Nigeria Police for further action.

“Also in Rivers, troops arrested two suspects conveying about 125 litres of suspected illegally refined Automotive Gas Oil in sack bags.

“The suspects were apprehended at Ebocha general area of Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni Local Government Area during a patrol by troops of CIB VIII.

“The suspects remained in custody, while the recovered products were handled in line with the mandate of Operation Delta Safe,” the report added. (NAN)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

NVBF Includes Four Foreign-based Players In List Of 22 For African Volleyball Nations Championship

info

Published

on

By

WhatsApp Image 2026 08 22 at 3.22.42 PM 2.jpeg

Nigeria Volleyball Federation (NVBF) has included four foreign-based players – Arinze Nwachukwu, Vincent Mathias, Pascal Okoye and Izuchukwu Oforah – in its list of 22 invitees for the upcoming continental championship in Tunisia, Sports247 reports.

The four players from overseas will join 18 home-based players selected from the domestic league for the 2026 African Men’s Volleyball Nations Championship, under the charge of Japanese coach Ryan Masajedi, assisted by Taiwo Oladipupo, Tswevini Yohanna and Jonah Adamu.

Read Also: Beach Volleyball Duo Of Esther Mbah, Pamela Bawa Receive Plaudits From Federation Board Member | Sports247 Nigeria

The invited players include four setters, five middle blockers, six outside hitters, four opposites and three liberos, who will all aim for glory at the championship, which was originally scheduled for the Democratic Republic of Congo, but will now be held in Tunisia’s capital from September 13 to 27.

A media statement from the NVBF signed by the chairman of the technical committee, Prince Tunde Omisore, expressed confidence that Masajedi will bring his wealth of experience into Nigeria’s men’s volleyball national team and guide them to a successful outing in Tunis.

Omisore added that the male squad’s camping exercise will commence this Saturday in Abuja, immediately after the departure of the female national team for the 2026 African Women’s Volleyball Championship in Kenya.

Sports247 gathered further that the full list has Bruno Ibeh, Favour Adeniyi, Elisha Anebi and Emmanuel Oko (setters), as well as Timothy Anele, Pascal Okoye, Jubril Mora, Kazeem Mutiu and Ferdinand Army (middle blockers), with Abednego Hassan, Ismail Tiamiyu and Precious Peter (liberos).

Also on the list are Abdulquadri Jaiyeola, Obayemi Ogunshina, Izuchukwu Oforah, Emmanuel Udah, Chukwuemeka Anachuna and Lucky Faruk (outside hitters), as well as Vincent Mathias, Armstrong Eozofor, Arinze Nwachukwu and Ebuka Okonkwo (opposites).

Continue Reading

News

Gagdi Appreciates Appointment as Deputy Director, Security and Intelligence of 2027 Presidential Campaign Council

info

Published

on

By

Gagdi and tinubu

The Member representing Pankshin/Kanke/Kanam Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yusuf Adamu Gagdi, Ph.D., OON, has expressed deep appreciation following his appointment as Deputy Director of Security and Intelligence of the 2027 Presidential Campaign Council.

Gagdi, in a statement issued from the National Assembly, Abuja, said he was deeply honoured by the appointment and the confidence reposed in him to contribute to the success of the campaign.

He said he would serve alongside the Minister of State for Defence, His Excellency, Hon. Bello Matawalle, in the Security and Intelligence directorate of the campaign council.

The lawmaker expressed profound gratitude to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR; the President’s Political Adviser, Mallam Ibrahim Masari; and the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Prof. Nentawe Yilwatda, for considering him worthy of the responsibility.

Gagdi pledged to approach the assignment with humility, loyalty and diligence, assuring that he would remain committed to the success of President Tinubu and the APC.

“I accept this responsibility with humility and pledge to discharge it with loyalty, diligence and an unwavering commitment to the success of Mr President and our great party,” he said.

The appointment further places Gagdi in a strategic role as the APC prepares for the 2027 presidential election.

Continue Reading

Trending